Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 1 of the Trip to Canada

Scott and I were happily surprised to find out that we could pick up the motor home as early as 6am.  They weren't expecting us to pick them up in the motor home after school. We are off and ready the begin our trip to Canada! 

Theses are some happy faces for the adventure that our family is about to have.

Porter's new thing is holding up all 10 fingers and saying,"I want ten of ........."  My favorite thing that Porter has said to me was, "Mom I love everything you cook and I am going to eat this many things in the pantry....ALL OF IT!"

The three musketeers stuck together for the first day.  I surprised the kids with journals so they can document in words or drawings all the stops that we will be making. 

Loves to be like his big sisters.  And his pen matches his notebook.  See MOM!
A little later in the drive, I said,"I am so excited I'm going to cry."  Porter says, "If you cry Mom, they will kick you out of Canada."

Being that the motor home is so big, the three kids jumped into the back where the second table is.

Hey, mom broke out all the goodies for this trip.  Now we are on to Play-doh.
 Lydia said, "How many hours til we get there?" Sarah said, "A long time especially when you live in Lodi."
You may ask yourself, where is McKenzie... she is the co-pilot.  And loving every minute of it.  I still remember wanting to sit in front and hoping Whitney wouldn't get in first and claim it.  The best part of McKenzie being co-pilot, was that Lydia and Sarah didn't care.  I don't care how big this motor home is, my loud kids still need to practice voice control.  I will let you know how that goes....but I know I have to be the first to start practicing. :)
Today was the longest driving day we are going to have because the excitement is overwhelming and the kids aren't going to notice.  Scott and I are going to take advantage of that.  And we drove into our camp site in the Redwoods at 11pm. 

No comments: